highlights ?

Other than how its done, what the diff between foil and cap? What's the end result?
I usually do my hair from a box in my kitchen - LOL - but I am getting it done today and idk which I want.

Thanks!!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:57 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you pull it thru a cap the highlight will not go as close to the scalp. You will need a re-touch sooner. Cap's are very 80's and alot of "old school" hair dressers still use them. Find some one that is using foils. The heat from the bleach traps in the foils and gives you a prettier blonde. Plus with foils u can paint the bleach closer the scalp. You can decide where the highlights are going to go. With a cap you are just pulling "who knows what" thru there. And your highlights wont be evenly placed. Placement is everything!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:12 AM on May. 29, 2010

• i'll give it simple, the cap is crap. highlights from the cap never turn out well. foil highlights are much better looking and it's more tolerable getting them done
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:50 AM on May. 29, 2010