A 3 year old's Birthday party at 8pm.?

My DD's are grown. I was recently invited to a 3 year old's birthday party. Its 45 minutes from my home. I'm very ill. So I can't attend much. But its from 8pm- 10:30pm. This seems late for a 3 year old's birthday party. Is it? Would you go? I think I'll have to send my regrets and a card. My friend knows I'm going through something serious. So I think they'll understand. Right?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:46 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is kind of late for a 3 year old's party. My 3 year old's were in bed by 8pm. Either way though, I think it's fine to send your regrets if you aren't up to the party. Any hostess should understand. Hope things get better.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:47 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I don't see that as late... My kids are always up that late anyways.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Sounds more like a party for the adults to me. My DS is 3 and he's almost always in bed by 8pm.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:52 AM on May. 29, 2010

• That's really late for a 3 year old. Yes, I think your friends will understand.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:53 AM on May. 29, 2010

• That is too late for 3 year old to still be up. I would hope she'd understand you not coming.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:54 AM on May. 29, 2010

• My children would not have enjoyed their party if it was that late !!!!! This is usually a bed time for 3 year olds !!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 11:55 AM on May. 29, 2010

• that is WAY late! Even if your kids stay up that late who the heck wants to attend a kid party at that time. My kids are in school and are in bed by 8 but even when they stayed up later I would never want a party that late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 29, 2010

• That is very late for a 3 year old's party. Even if she doesn't give her child any structure and allows them to stay up that late, how many other children does she think will be able to attend?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:04 PM on May. 29, 2010

• if its on a weekend then i guess its ok .. maybe there arent alot of young children at the party (i mean a year old doesnt go to school so he probably doesnt even have friends) .. so after the cake cutting ceremony the mom is planning to send the kid off to bed and have an adult get together, like drinking wine, hanging out and just talking ..
    yes i know i have a wild imagination .. but that could be a possibility !! :D
    Anonymous

• That's crazy late. My kids are in bed at 8pm.
    Your friend will understand.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:41 PM on May. 29, 2010