are blood tests always accurate.....

cause i had one done after i had 20 positive pregnancy tests and the blood test came back negative. but my best friend was pregnant and she had a blood test done to and her's came back negative and she gave birth to a boy in June of 2008 and her doc said some women don't carry the pregnancy hormones in their blood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I always though they were but I dunno I always did the urnine ones. WHo the heck takes 20 pregnancy test? thats just crazy!
    Anonymous

• i took 20 because i was in denial.
    Anonymous

• why do you go ask for an ultrasound so you can SEE if there is a baby in there...
    Anonymous

• i go back to the doctors Tuesday June 1st. and i am going to ask for an ultrasound.
    Anonymous

• cause i already missed 2 months of my period too.
    Anonymous

• I think you are prob pregnant then and the blood test was wrong. Because when I was pregnant with my 2nd I went to the doctor and I said I got a positive hpt and I was like are you going to do a blood test and my doctor said no because thoes are hardly ever wrong.
    Anonymous

• No they are not 100%

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on May. 29, 2010

• None are. After 12 weeks your HCG levels drop to non existent basically. So a blood test will not always show it. Usually they do the blood test but most doctors are going to urine tests. I hope you find answers. June 1st is tuesday so just wait it out.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:59 PM on May. 29, 2010