when did constipation become just a womans problem?

i've noticed a pattern. it seems that in all constipation relief commercials it's always a woman, but primarily I'm talking about those activia yogurt commercials that say "we asked real women to take the activia challenge" and other quotes that make it seem like this yogurt is only for women. men get constipated just as often so why can't they do this yogurt challenge or do constipation commercials?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Health

• They don't care enough to fix it, they don't care if they're bloated and feel yuckie.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:28 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Not just a woman's problem. I tell my SO he is full of sh** a lot! (lol)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My Dad used to buy that Activia until I pointed out how much sugar in in it and got him to switch to an all natural greek yogurt, so I guess those commercials appeal to men just as much as women. And, typically, it is the woman who will try a product first, then have her spouse/SO try it, plus the women are usually the ones doing the shopping. As for the single guys, they typically don't care.
    Anonymous

• It is all about advertising. Women will buy that kind of stuff to help fix it. Women are far more likely to buy it for their husbands as well... if you want to sell it, you have to market it to those who are most likely to buy it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:02 PM on May. 29, 2010