Does any other mother out there HATE the beach!

I just have to ask...why on earth does it seem like we have to take a vacation to the beach every year???!!!! Why the beach all the time? Am I suppose to like it just because everyone else in the family does? I don't mean the children I mean other family members...MIL,FIL, HUSBAND, and SIL's? I have little ones and I just hate the whole thing..is this wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No you are not wrong. Do what I would do. Just tell you DH you are not going this year. Or Tell him you want to go somewhere else, like the mountains

Answer by louise2 at 12:50 PM on May. 29, 2010

• well some of us would love just a vacation I guess every yr it would get old....
    Anonymous

• I love the looks of the beach and maybe walking on the beach at night...but that is it..... we went last summer and I hated it.... it was too crowded, the water was dirty , and it was way to hot ....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:52 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I am not beach friendly. Sand, women my age looking good in bikinis, towels to wash, sand in the car for the next year, worrying about safety, etc etc.... it's more work than worth it. Except.... my kids splashing and running around. Makes it a little worth it I suppose.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:06 PM on May. 29, 2010

• No it's not wrong. I LIVE at the beach and hate the beach. I like the water but hate the sand, the sand fleas, the fire ants, the Red Tide, the heat. Ok, so now comes the bashing asking me why I live here? i'm stuck here, that's why. When I find a place in the mountains that I can afford I'll leave but until then I'll just stay indoors away from the sandy beach.
    Anonymous

• I hate the beach and the lake. Well i like being there just not being in the water, so what's the point, I don't like being in water that I cant see through. But i deal sometimes for my family because i know they enjoy it. But every year for vacation, why not try suggesting somewhere else to go or just staying home.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:22 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I grew up 10 minutes from the beach in SoCal. I do not like the beach. It was quite a stretch for us to take the kids to the beach, which THEY love, but I just don't like it. We moved to OK now, so no beach. YAY!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:24 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I'm so glad it's not just me...I'm in NW Florida, I've lived here for about 4-1/2 yrs and I think the only time I've been out to the beach was at night at full moon. I don't like crowds, so I avoid them as much as possible. If we're around water DH would rather be fishing. The boys have never been to the beach so they really don't know what they're missing. Missing what? noisy, rude people that lay out looking like chickens frying in the oven while their annoying kids run around and scatter sand all over you? Oh yeah...they're missing a lot!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:48 PM on May. 29, 2010

• i don't hate the beach, i hate the moron tourists that trash our beach, or the ones that think it'll be cute to have a picnic on the beach that cause every seagull in a 20 mile radius to swarm the beach, or the ones that think they own the beach :-/
    Anonymous

• So glad to hear from everyone and their opinions on the beach...it helps!!! I live in the mountains and maybe that is why I really do hate it sooo much, especially with little ones! I am so glad that I am not the only one that feels like this. I actually am going to stay home this year and my husband is not thrilled with it, but to bad...it is alot of work for me and really a vacation for everyone else! So thanks for all of your opinions and thoughts...it really did help!!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 30, 2010