My boyfriend is 20 and im 17. If im pregnant could he be charged?

Im not fully positive that Im pregnant yet, but If i am Im scared becasue 1) My bf is 20 and my parents might try to press charges.. but I heard its rape if its 4 years apart and 2) I have cheerleading and i dont want to harm the baby, but Im also not ready to tell any one yet. What do i do. And please be positive about your answer

lamar06

Asked by lamar06 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• since you are underage, your parents have the right to press charges.. hopefully it doesnt come to that just let them know that if you are pregnant, its a gift from god and you want your baby to have BOTH of his parents and that means u dont want the dad to be in jail... :) Best of luck hun!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Give it until you're about 3 months befor eyou say anything. That's usually when people spread the "good" news. If I'm not mistaken, I think 17 is a legal adult. (It could vary state to state though.)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• it does depend what state you are in, some states 17 is legal and some its not, and if its not then yes your parents can press charges but then if they do i hope they plan on helping you with your baby and being its father.
    sunshinee

Answer by sunshinee at 5:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Okay, so i googled it lol.. im a googler!!.. anyway i googled if age can vary for statutory rape and it does.. so try googling your state and the set age for it.. and look up your rights and stuff :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• yes but ive been in this situation if he's a good guy ur parents could change thier mind mine did. i was 16 and he was 19. good luck
    vmommy3

Answer by vmommy3 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• honestly it would depend on the state that you are in look up the statutory rape laws for your state
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 6:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• What state are you in? If you are in PA there is nothing your parents can do, trust me I was in the same type of situation and I live in PA. As far as the cheerleading thing, are you a flyer? That would put the baby (if you are pregnant) at risk the most. I would say switch to spotter if you could. Stunts would be the only thing that would hurt your baby. Can you tell I am a former cheerleader?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2008