do you get anxious on whether your kid will like a gift or not?

My daughter's b-day is tomorrow and I am finding myself weirdly anxious about if she'll like her stuff. I think I'll be focused on her reaction to everything instead of enjoying the celebration. Am I nutty?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:15 PM on May. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do. And it's always dissapointing when the kid doesn't pay any attention to it after it's opened. However, if my son is any example it always takes him a day before he gets into anything. A new movie he has to watch at least twice before I can gauge if he likes it or not. A new toy if it's not a truck/car or something that makes noise takes at least a few hours before he'll even look at it twice. Soo .. I get anxious more for the time it takes for him to even consider it .. Not so much the reaction when he gets it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:10 PM on May. 29, 2010

• she will be so excited to be opening up presents shes gonna love everything...its the next few days whether she plays with them or not..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:30 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I used to but now I no longer give material gifts bc of how a gift of mine was received by my grandson many years ago. He didn't like it and instead of telling me so I could take him to return it and get what he liked he threw it down and broke it. I told him it was the last thing I'd ever buy him and that was a decade ago. I meant it. Now I just give my time. If they don't want that then I'm hosed!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:35 PM on May. 29, 2010