what are the last few things you little one brought to show & tell?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:18 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't have a LO anymore, but work in a daycare. Lately I've seen a fish, a dead bumblebee, a tomato (I'm not kidding), a Barbie, a hula skirt, more spidermen than I think should be coming in, a picture of Japan and a violin.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:35 PM on May. 29, 2010

• her class does show n tell in alphabetical order, so the last few things she brought were...umbrella, velcro, watermelon, xray, yo yo, and zebra...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:28 PM on May. 29, 2010

• ooooh that is mighty clever!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:30 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My kids have never had show and tell. Something about the schools here wanting to create equality and not make children feel bed for having less.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:49 PM on May. 29, 2010

• A couple of days ago, we brought our desert tortoise to school. It was fun and gave the kids a chance to ask lots of great questions about desert animals.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:57 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Last share day it was soccer ball, his jersey from his three year old team and cleats. The time before that it was his rocket and space poster from Houston trip a few weeks back. Before that it was the same thing each Friday for share day: a train from a train museum he has gone to each time he visits his grandmother. All year long except the last two. And his favorite day was share day.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:52 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Mine is in middle school but I teach preschool and we have had kittens (live ones that were a few weeks old), food, parents with cool talents, aunts doing Praise Dancing, guitars, stuffed animals, rock collections. We had a letter or theme the kids had to follow and if they didn't follow the letter or theme, they didn't get to participate in show n tell.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My 5 year old brought in a new barbie, a picture her 4 year old sister drew for her, a teddy bear her father bought her, a picture of her and her sister - I like that whatever they bring in they have to explain the story behind it and why they chose to bring it in. She often does bring in her sister's toys and necklaces, she likes them more than her own. She's also a doting a big sister and will look for any excuse to talk about her sister and once asked me to bring my LO in for her show and tell. It's sort of funny considered how much of a mother hen my older girl is to her little sister since they are only 15 months apart in age.
    Anonymous

• Mine always wanted to bring Barbies
    reagabismom

Answer by reagabismom at 7:19 AM on May. 31, 2010