Which do you think is the ideal parent?

Since you know it all.

Parents who are wealthy, well established, not on any kind of government assistance, provide a large nice home, but verbally and physically abuses their children, they don't show them love.

Or

A very poor family who takes any and all government assistance, who live in a small modest home that is falling apart, Who can't give their children extra stuff just necessities, but give thier children hugs and kisses every day and show them love every day.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 1:36 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont really think it matters what kind of house they live in. loving your kids and being a strong family is more important
    Anonymous

• gee... are you in a mood or what?
    Anonymous

• neither,somewhere in the middle of those two. Those are too extreme of examples.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:37 PM on May. 29, 2010

• somewhere in the middle. but if i had to choose i'd say the second. love is more important than money.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:39 PM on May. 29, 2010

• family 2.....
    Anonymous

• lol, love ANON 1:37 answer !! :D
    well ofcourse if parents are verbally and physically abusing their kids they are horrible parents (poor or rich)
    and to tell u the truth ive seen majority of poor mom's spanking their children more than a mom who is wealth. its not about the wealth. its about an uneducated, illiterate mom who has a deadbeat DH (who is either always drunk or stoned out of his mind) , she has barely or no food to feed her family, her job sucks and she is obviously unhappy. now when a whinny kid comes to her what does she do? she spanks him. because she has no where else to take out her frustration and secondly the last thing she needs is one of her kid wanting her attention. well for that matter ive seen rich mom's physically and verbally abusing their kids too. but majority ive seen poor families doing that. regardless of that fact. money has nothing to do with it.. thats my opinion , i could be wrong also
    Anonymous

• Neither fit the profile of an IDEAL parent but then again IS THERE an ideal parent that exists in real life? The older I get the more I find that everyone has their secrets and are far from ideal as people much less as parents.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:49 PM on May. 29, 2010

• as odd as this sounds, your question makes me think of wife swap! Those rich snooty familes in the enormous mansions always seem to have a lot more drama and a lot less love than the trailer park "trash". they sit around the family table and eat their ramen or dollar menu burgers together, as a family.
    excessive money seems to separate you from your kids and husband.... nannys, private vacations, etc etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:51 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My parents weren't rich when they had their four girls. They couldn't afford to buy us everything else our friends were getting, we couldn't go on big road trips or fancy vacations. They lived paycheck to paycheck just barely getting by. Yet my parents are the best parents! I admire them, respect them, and love them both dearly. They gave us everything we needed. They made sure we knew they were proud of us, they loved us, cared for us, and would do anything for us. We didn't need expensive shoes, designer clothes, or to go to the movies every weekend. They did what they could and gave a little extra whenever it was possible. My parents were everything a parent SHOULD be and they weren't rich by any means. They lived a lower-middle class life with their four daughters. And we were all very happy.

So I think an "Ideal" parent is one like mine. Who do with what they have and love/care for their children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:53 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Anon:46 I love how you say majority of poor moms spankng their kids. Really you know if they are poor or rich just by how they look? What they dress nice, drive nice cars, etc so they are rich right? So anyone who doesn't dress to your standards or drive the new cars are poor? My husband and I don't by designer clothes, don't drive fancy new cars, don't own our home, but we provide well for our children. We choose to drive a 2001 dodge grand caravan and a 1998 ford windstar because that is what holds our family of 6 almost 7. We choose not to buy designer clothes because we weren't raised with that so why dow e care. I don't wear make up because that is my choice. I don't care if my ahir is in a ponytail because it is comfortable. My kids wear clothes from walmart, old navy, and children's place because that is what we find affordable and usually on sale for 4 kids. Stop judging by looks. 2nd family by far better.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:57 PM on May. 29, 2010