do you and your SO have the "if or when we win the lottery" talk?

I hate this talk, my husband loves it. We'll do this, buy this, go here, vacation there, etc. He truly enjoys discussing it so I go along but it truly annoys me. I am not a dreamer, maybe?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:52 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• all the time. we'd pay off debt, he'd quit his job, and we'd buy our property and the neighbors, tear our house down and build a new one. those are SO's top priorities if we win lol. only thing I ever add to "if we win" is build bigger bathrooms lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:59 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I love imagining what we'd do "if"!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:53 PM on May. 29, 2010

• LOL... yeah we do... it is fun. But I guess we would actually have to buy a lottery ticket to ever win!
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I love dreaming about it. Unfortunately we don't have a state lottery.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Yeah the talk in our house goes... me "damn we need to win the lottery" and my dh "damn I guess we better start playing then huh?".
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My daughter and I lay in bed and talk about what we would do with a million dollars. But we don't play the lottery.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I have the when I earn it talk I am a writer and we are getting closer to production in the next couple years its going to be big. So I say when!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I love having that kind of talk with my husband personally, but at the same time I secretly wish that if we win we only win like a million,so we can pay off student loans and build our dream house, or that we dont win at all. I think that any more then that would cause a lot of troubles, and hurt our marriage. Weird I know, but you always see those things where it changes people, and I think it would change my husband for the worse.
    Anonymous

• LOL @ BlooBird......... only a million???? Heck when we play pretend we play BIG...... 20 million!!!!!

1 mil wouldnt even pay off the house and buy 2 new cars..... go big BlooBird!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Lol yes. I say we will buy a 2 cars one for each of us, buy a house. And put the rest up. He wants to go all out.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:05 PM on May. 29, 2010