Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call Child Services or stay out of it? warning: maybe tmi

Ive been doing daycare for two kids (brother and sister) boy is 5 and girl almost 3. I have a 22 month old daughter. The boy has had wierd sexual tendencies. He has grabbed his sisters crotch. Grabs all the kids that come over in innaprapariate ways. One time he saw my daughter naked (accidentally) and 2 minutes later I found him on the couch with his pants and underwear off and rubbing himself down there and moaning. I have told his parents about everything that has happened. They told me they found him naked one time and his sister naked, him sucking on her nipples. They took him to a therapist and they found out he was a drug baby. They tell me they find him doing stuff like that all the time. yet still the kids sleep in one room together. they dont go to the therapist anymore and i gave them my notice because i dont want him around my daughter anymore. i was fed up when four days ago he grabbed her by her -cont

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on May. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (23)
  • shins and left bruises. He always hits my dogs. his little sister tells me all the time where he touches her, its ofcource always down there. i always pass it on to the parents and they dont seem to care. i dont know what to do. should i call child services??

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • Yes something is wrong very wrong with this kid maybe this will force them to get help for this kid.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:05 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • I would. He needs help. They can get it for him.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • I would definately call, they are obviously being subjected to things that they shouldn't be!!

    Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:06 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • You are doing the right thing keeping your child safe but please report him keep his sister safe even if the parents say its because of drugs if something is not going to be done he will get worse and his parents should also know it will not go away.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:08 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • I would call. Drug exposure does not make kids act out sexually.

    Answer by BlooBird at 2:09 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • As a mandated reported, you have an obligation to report what you believe is abuse.

    Answer by Fallaya at 2:12 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • This sounds like he is being or has been molested so I'd make the call in a heartbeat. It's highly suspicous that his parents know and won't put him back in therapy or change the sleeping arrangments.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • I would DEFINATELY call. You have witnessed and heard enough for proof something is wrong, and your own child has been involved...this is definately your business!

    Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:18 PM on May. 29, 2010

  • I would call....that sounds like sexual abuse - That boy has gotten that behavior from an adult and maybe that is one of the parents...

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on May. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.