Why do people on this site try to pick on any little flaw they can find?

I see lots of questions where people ask decent questions but someone or more than one person has to pick out something about the way they have worded it or how they have spelt it. Why? Are people have that little self-esteem they have to nitpick at anything they can in others to feel better?
Typing fast, text speak, abbreviation can all lead to bad spelling - it doens't mean you can't spell or can't get good grades. It means nothing, so why do people have to unnecessarily pick at it and try to put people down for it?

keyaziz

Asked by keyaziz at 2:20 PM on May. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• They do it because they think they are better than everyone else. The nitpicking annoys me too. Someone asks a question, and instead of giving an answer, some grammar cop has to point out a spelling error.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:24 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I like to think about the question the person asking it still needs some support or just to vent. This is a place for support, support first.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:10 PM on May. 29, 2010