Left the kids at the hair salon!

My sister's boyfriend and father of her two kids took their oldest(2year old boy) out to get his hair cut. He then LEFT the child in the care of the hairdresser ( a COMPLETE stranger) so he could go buy shoes. WTF My sister held her temper until i left and then reamed him. WTF was he thinking? He still thinks it was okay. What if this woman had kidnapped him, what if she had molested him WTF! He is sooo DUMB. This may be the final straw to them. He does Dumb shit like this ALL the time. What would you do and does anyone have to deal with another parent who is this f*in stupid?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would be hot too. My DH and DS1 went into the walmart bathroom once while I waited outside with the other 2 kids. Well DH walks out and I looked at him strange and he said DS1 was fine. I said what about the other people in there, what do you think they could be doing to him? Yea it clicked with him and he went back in. I just don't think men think anywhere near our level. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Dianebrooke

Answer by Dianebrooke at 9:51 PM on May. 29, 2010

• well i would be worried why that women would even agree to watch the boy? mabe she is trying to get with the dad or something becouse i knoe if someone a starnger asked me to watch there kid i would laugh and tell them no.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:18 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I would never do it, of course... but I think you're overreacting a little about the kidnapping/molesting stuff. They were in a public place with plenty of people around, I'm sure. It was of course irresponsible and a ridiculous thing to ask of a complete stranger... But I don't think it's what you're making of it. If he was in the mall and just going to be gone a few minutes, I'd say forgivable (though idiotic) offense.
    Anonymous

• it was a private boutique or whatever, my sister even asked, even though she was pissed either way, if it was at i think she asked if it was the hair cuttery, where she takes him, but he said no it was a friends friends cousin or somethings aunt. Either way i do not think either of us, me or my sister were over reacting. Children are molested and/or kidnapped daily. Plus my older sister flipped because she was carlesly left with a strange sitter and her and my older brother were molested. So ya i think anyone could be a potential pervert and hopefully this saves my daughter from being left with someone who just might be. And as a parent you shouldnt leave you child with a person you barely know. People can be perverts.
    Anonymous

• i agree its stupid. i think you reacted the exact way i would of. i mean my daughter's so called father wanted me to actually let him take her for an over night to a place where she does even know. he is nuts. alot of men are. some don't have as much common sense as mothers do. but some mothers do just as dumb things also. maybe because it was a little boy left in the care of a female he didn't think anything of it. maybe tell him women can be child molestors too. and besides she could of had a phone call and somethin could of happened to him in her care and then what. if this is not the first time then it might be a good idea to seprate or whatever your sister is thinking of doing.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:57 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Men don't think about the risks of safety they take with their kids. My husband (though he never left our son in public) has doe some pretty dumb stuff that I think is dangerous and he doesn't see why. For instance, when our son learned to climb out of the crib, my husband tried to put our double mattress ON TOP of the crib, and didn't see why that wasn't ok. WTF.

Anyway, when your BIL left the kid, did he actually get in the car and drive somewhere else to get shoes? Or just walk next door? I think the details of the situation should really factor in. Though, I completely agree it was very stupid either way!!!!
    Anonymous