17 weeks and swelling and contractions!?

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and i woke up this morning and my fingers were all swollen....and i have been having some bad contractions....or could be Braxton hicks...not sure...anyone else having the same problems?!

momma3wdaddy

Asked by momma3wdaddy at 3:02 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This would be a call the doctor or go to the hospital moment...they'll want to check your blood pressure.
    Anonymous

• I agree, you should call your doctor.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:07 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I have called they have told me to take it easy. Not sure if this was normal...i have been having contractions for a few weeks now. but the swelling is new. not sure whats going on!!!!!! just a little nerve wrecking!!!
    momma3wdaddy

Answer by momma3wdaddy at 3:12 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Call your doctor or go to the hospital if you do not feel right.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2010

• my contractions/braxton hicks started at 13 weeks with this pregnancy... For some reason my body doesn't take to water very well and I pee it out faster than it hydrates me..lol well anyway that causes worse contractions and my doctor told me to drink G2 because of the electrolites(sp?) and it does work! I still get them but they are a lot better for the most part.. you can also try taking tylenol which helps to! sorry I don't know about the swelling..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:11 PM on May. 29, 2010

• That sounds good i will try that as well! thanks for the good advice!!! :)
    momma3wdaddy

Answer by momma3wdaddy at 4:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2010