for those who have trouble learning,please tell me how your life is, did you make it through school,and what kind of job do you hold right now and are you happy with it and do you live comfortable without having to depend on others?

I always had a dream of working with the infants in the hospitals,but I'm afraid of what it will take to reach that goal and don't see it happening,because of learning difficulties. I've struggled with school my whole life and don't retain what I learn,so I'm really scared for my future and am embarrassed about this. I don't want to depend on welfare,or the church to maintain me and my family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a learning disability. It takes me a while to process things. I made it halfway through my bachelors degree at a University. Math just kept bringing me down. I was put on academic suspension and was to afraid to go back in fear that I would fail again. I then went to another school for a different two year degree. I got half way through it thought I had failed my math (again) and just never went back (also working full time, being a newlywed, having a baby time just got to be a major issue also). Turns out I found out a few months ago I made an 97 in the math class. I was so happy. I will go back and finish my degree at the University but I am just waiting until the kids are settled in school.
    I had no trouble finding a good job with good benefits. I got a good job working for the state and quit it to go to work for the county we live in and then quit to be a sahm.
    Anonymous

• You should go to the community college near you they have a the place for persons with disabilities this will help you to stay in school. i am doing it and I stink at math but now with the help I am going to graduate in two years. You can do it as well! GL Momma!

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:37 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I currently have a pt job on the campus and I also have my own business. In 2012 I will be moving to Japan its going to be well worth it. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:39 PM on May. 29, 2010

• You need to find a therapist to help you learn to work around your disabilities.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Thanks for all your wonderful responses,it gives me hope that maybe I can do this,this fall I want to go try school,I never did get my high school diploma,I suck at every subject accept for home economics,oh I did somewhat okay in science. To tell you the truth school scares the be jesus out of me,and I'm so afraid that I will not be able to do it,maybe I'm just not capable of learning. But I'm at least gonna try,unfortunatly I will have to start over from the 4th or 5th grade lvl Thanks again ladies for the hope you've givin me.
    Anonymous

• i know you can do it !! Think about what you can do be positive about it and work upwards anything is possible! GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:19 PM on May. 29, 2010