he wants to rush things, he already told his daughter about me...advice?

i started datin this guy on may 26...just a few days ago. he is already wantin to meet my parents and he already told his daughter im his new gf. i been friends with this guy for a many years so our kids know each other....but i feel really uncomfortable about tellin her so soon. my kids dont know im with him yet and i wanted to wait to see where it goes b4 i do. and actually i dont see it lastin too long, because of 1) he is rushin things, and 2) im finding out little things that i didnt know previously, and these little things are big deals for me....like him blowin his money on stuff b4 bills. he says he livin with his mom because he couldnt find a place, but i think its because he doesnt manage his money very well. and another thing that bothers me is he co sleeps with his 5 yr DD, the only time my kids sleep with me is if they are really sick, or we are visting relatives. then most important we have opposites relgions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm with the others, I'd be trying to find a way out of this before it goes any further without ruining the friendship if possible because of the kids. If you want to try, then I'd straight up tell him that there's a lot of things that are going to take some compromise on both of your parts and that he needs to put the brakes on because it's moving faster for him than it is for you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:38 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Wow, I'd break things off now before it gets any worse. I don't think it's normal to rush things like that. He obviously isn't very secure emotionally or financially, his spending habits and him rushing things also makes me think he isn't very mature emotionally and all those things would be enough to send me running in the opposite direction. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• If you don't see it lasting, then involving the kids is a bad idea. Honestly, given what he is doing, the best thing I think you could do is sit down and have an honest conversation with him, in which you point out all the things you've noticed and explain why these things are problems for you. See what he says there before you decide if you're going to stay together or not. But definitely don't involve the kids, on either side, unless you're sure.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:26 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I'd be telling him to not rush things. He sounds emotionally needy. NOT a good thing for a man to be!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:27 PM on May. 29, 2010

• If you are finding things out about him you do not like. Stop seeing him.

Answer by louise2 at 4:31 PM on May. 29, 2010

• RUN
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:43 PM on May. 29, 2010

• RUN

yes, fast and far! he is the type to get way ahead of himself in a relationship. if you stay with him expect a proposal within 6 months.
    Anonymous