Do you think "Race" issues will ever go away?

I don't; with idiots like this continuing to perpetuate them and then his flock of followers eating it up with a spoon.

"Later in the 4-minute segment, Beck turned the routine toward Obama's race. "Why do you hate black people so much?" he said, still imitating Malia in a baby voice.

"I'm part white, honey," Gray responded in the voice of the president."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no, it won't ever go away. I think that after a few more generations it will definitely be less of a problem, but still there
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 4:26 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Nope. I think people are always on the look out for what makes us different just so they have a reason to feel superior to others. If people actually started to understand that we are all equal, no one could ever really feel like they were better or special... And quite frankly I think that would just kill some people.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:27 PM on May. 29, 2010

• If it's not race, it's ethnicity, hair-color, weight, city folk vs country folk, accents, smokers vs non-smokers, breastfeeders vs non-breastfeeders, educated vs non-educated, and tons of other things.

We are not equal, some people will always be smarter, taller, richer, or better-looking, more driven to succeed, or more gifted than others.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 4:43 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Not so long as people keep teaching their kids the same small-minded racist crap they were taught. The more people start to break from the mold they were raised in, the less it will be there, but it will never totally go away.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:45 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Not as long as a certain party needs it to get votes.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:54 PM on May. 29, 2010

• No, it will never go away. Unfortunately, some of the worst offenders of racism are those who claim to be called such racist things!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I think it has gotten a little better over the years but no I do not think it will ever go away !!! So sad !!! We should have respect for each other !!!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 5:13 PM on May. 29, 2010

• No it will never go away, weather it be about race, or sexual preference. However in twenty years from now, the world is not going to have many white people left, meaning so many different races have been mixed over the last how ever many years that no one is going to be fully white, except for us when we are old and grey ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 5:20 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I get the question, but what routine are you referring to? Who is Gray? Do you have a link? Because honestly, I've never heard Beck say anything negative about AA's. Matter of fact, his program was amazing, about how much the AA's helped found America, how much they did, how wonderful they were....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:53 PM on May. 29, 2010

• oops, I was talking about his program last evening, the series on the Founding Fathers...
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:54 PM on May. 29, 2010