Spinoff- How often do you go grocery shopping and worry if you have enough money to get the food you need to feed your family?

I remember last summer almost crying every time we went to the grocery store because I knew we didn't have enough money for the things we needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a question. If you are struggling or having to tightly budget your families food money.. Why do you have the internet????? That can be costly..Priorities ladies!!!!

This kind of statement shows fuzzy outdated thinking. Ten years ago it was impossible to go online without a huge online bill to go with it. These days there several options that are free (I am here for free) and with bundles, almost as good as free. If you have nothing constructive to add except to bash someone for using the resources they do have to ask for help then maybe you should just move on..
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:21 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I go once a week and budget....I spend roughly $60 a week for a family of 4 and I feel just fine when shopping.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:36 PM on May. 29, 2010

• every time. food prices are really high here. we go when dh gets paid and before we pay anything that way we get what we need and are sure we can eat.
    Anonymous

• I take a list and try to estimate the cost before I go. But sometimes there is something I forgot about and I have to chose what can stay and what goes back. I hate that.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:45 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Im am very blessed..... I have never had to worry about this.
    Anonymous

• Budget. ANd we go every couple days and just get what we need. Our cupbaords are never stocked full... I dont htink anyones has to be. We buy what we need for the day... Keeps us from snacking and over eating too..
    Anonymous

• Our only food money comes from our food stamps, for some reason when DH changed jobs they cut our monthly allowance almost in half. Which I could understand if he was getting paid more, but he's not...most of the time he's getting less. So for now we're just barely scraping by.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:06 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I almost always go in with cash in my wallet, no extra. So I always have to keep a running tally of what I'm spending. The only time I worry is if I find a really good sale on something we use regularly and have to try to get everything else too. But it's not a true worry, most of the time if I'm not able to get something I can go back within a couple of days and get what I couldn't before.
    Anonymous

• I (or my husband) grocery shops everyday.. the longest we go without grocery shopping is 2 days..

I never worry about having enough money when I'm shopping. I buy what I want or need. Then go from there. I have found that dropping a few bucks for fresh foods daily, actually turns out to be cheaper for my family than buying several days/weeks worth of food at once.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:27 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Every other week and we budget tight. Meal plan and stick to the list.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on May. 29, 2010