I've had my gallbladder out for two years..why is this still happening?

Is it normal for me to still be having diarrhea almost every time I eat? I don't even want to eat anymore because I always get sick. I don't have insurance so I don't want to go to the doctors, I'm just wondering how long this is supposed to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Health

• Is it milk products? I was sick for years and the doctors kept telling me it was IBS. Then I started keeping a log of what I ate and when I got sick and it ended up being milk products.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:47 PM on May. 29, 2010

• It's pretty much everything. Even if I don't eat greasy foods, it still hapens.
    Anonymous

• You might be a celiac *It means your allergic to gluten. Which is wheat flour. My mom has been this for over 6 years now. She also had to get her gallbladder removed but it only fixed some of the problems. It didn't keep her from getting ill every time she ate. Since you don't have insurance. Try to stay off gluten for 2 weeks or so if you feel better than you know not to eat that.
    It will take at least that long to get it all at of your system. Gluten is a lot more than think so make sure you read everything before you eat it.
    Message me if you want some more advice.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 5:06 PM on May. 29, 2010

• i had my gallbladder out aug 08 and ive had this problem ever since. i dont know if its normal
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:08 PM on May. 29, 2010

• this happens to me too and i had my gall bladder out in december.... i know how you feel i cant go out and do things if i eat! i always have to go soooo bad right after i eat! let me know if you find an answer
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 5:19 PM on May. 29, 2010

• It is probably totally unrelated to your gallbladder/ lack of gallbladder.
    I had my gallbladder out more than 20 years ago. I remember the diarrhea for a little while afterwards, but I thought it was because of the types of foods I felt like eating.

Try to keep a list of some type to figure out which foods "feel" worse, and which not so bad. Do you get abdominal cramps too?
    You are going to need to see a doctor to figure this out. Google "community health centers" : they are federally funded clinics run by the Health and Human Services to help people without insurance. (And they are able to help you figure out if you qualify for any type of insurance/ assistance). you can probably see a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant there.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:22 PM on May. 29, 2010

• You need to see a doctor, if you can't eat that is not healthy. Your health should be more important than worry about a medical bill that can be paid later or little by little. And a lot of hospital systems have financial assistance. You just have to ask and apply for it. You can even try the health department, they have nurse practitioners that can diagnosis and treat some illness and ailments.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I had my gall bladder taken out in 2008 and I STILL have digestive problems... I notice that certain foods trigger it, and I just avoid them.

Chocolate is what really triggers it for me.

Find the foods that triggers it and avoid them. Im sorry you are going through this... all of this sucks and I hate that people have to go through it. It makes me angry everyday.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 12:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2010