is 41 weeks to long to wait to have labor induced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I really don't know, but I'd ask your doctor.
    JaneWilliams5

Answer by JaneWilliams5 at 5:49 PM on May. 29, 2010

• nope
    Anonymous

• My doctors policy was to wait until 42 weeks before inducing.
    Anonymous

• No, most inductions are not necessary anyway. If baby is doing okay and the placenta is still doing its job... you can wait 42 weeks or even longer. Most docs won't let you go much longer than that, but to answer your question...no.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:06 PM on May. 29, 2010

• If there is no medical reason it is "not long enough."

Assuming there is a medical complication, then yes, it *might* be "too long."
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:08 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Nope. In fact the doctor might start asking if you'd like to be induced or checking you for medical necessity to be induced.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:04 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I was a month past my due date w/1st child 2 weeks late on the other 3 ....i'll probably be late for my own funeral..LOL
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2010

• No but I wouldn't push it much further.

My moms friend went against her drs wishes and said her baby would come on his own. He didn't. Some just DON'T. He died. And it was completely preventable. If she would have been induced he would have been perfectly healthy. :( IT HAPPENS
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 8:12 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Normal pregnancy is 38-42 weeks and women should not be induced before that unless there is a true medical reason for it. Some docs will do it sooner and push to do it sooner while others will hold off until you reach 42 weeks. I also know a close friend who has had each of her kids go past 42 weeks by a couple days. That is just how long her body needs to make the baby ready.
    Anonymous

• It's too long to go without a stress test on the baby to make sure the placenta is still working properly.

If the stress test is fine, then it's between you and doc - some won't let a woman go over 41 weeks, others say 42...most won't go past that.
    Anonymous