How to tell my parents I'm pregnant?

I'm 16 and my parents are really strict and unfortunatelly they are 2 of these people who think single moms should be ashamed of themselves. I know they are going to hate me and my baby if I keep it. And I love them so much and I really don't have the guts to tell them because I know they are going to kick me out of the house. How do I tell them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Be calm. If you are scared, tell your grandmother or best friend(s) first. You probably will get in a fight with your parents so stand your ground, get a job, and support the baby.
    Anonymous

• It might go over better if you are willing to let the baby be adopted.
    Anonymous

• You just tell them.

If you are ready to be a mom , if your are adult enough to even put yourself in that position., then you need to be adult enough to speak to your own parents.
    Anonymous

• Best answer ever, anon 6:01!
    Anonymous

• ok first of all you need to tell someone close to you that will not judge you. someone that will support you threw this time right now. then you need to talk to your parents. what about the dad? is he there for you? maybe his parents will help? also you can go to a planned parent hood clinic, they can help you get started on what to do next. do you know if you want to keep it or not? like i mean do you want to have an adoption? if so you can message me, i can help you. i know times are tough right now but the bottom line is you have to take care of your baby and you. eat good and get some rest. you can email me anytime. you are not alone.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:15 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Hugs! If you think your parents will kick you out, then it would be a good idea to get everything in order and make a 'game plan' before you tell them your news-- find a place where you can stay and have your things packed and ready to go. That way if they do kick you out you won't be at a loss and worried about where to go/what to do. Do you have a close family member or friend who can be with you when you tell your parents? I think it would be a good idea to have someone with you for moral support. I wish you luck and hope everything works out with your parents.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:21 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I agree with peggy and mizlee. Find some moral support, make up a "game plan" and then just tell them. Just sit down with them and be calm. I know it is scary but things will work out. You can message me if you need anything. Good luck.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:27 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I was almost 17 when i got pregnant..as far as my mom knew she never knew I had a boyfriend....the guy was 22! so on my 17 th bday I wrote my mom a letter explaining everything about the guy the explained that I was pregnant. She didn't talk to me for a week but then she started to help me along slowly...I got into a teen mom program with a nearby school district.
    she warmed up to my bf and he moved in...it all worked it out.

It will all work out for you too you just have to be preparred for the worst and the sooner you tell the less angry they will be...they will get over it, in time..there just is no telling how they will react...just remember all teen girls who get pregnant have to come clean with their pregnancy at some point, and you never hear of any stories about parents literally killing their teen for being pregnant.
    Anonymous

• dont give your baby up for adoption.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• you have lots of support from all of us. i went and took a nap after i read your post. i cant stop thinking about you. let us know if you are okay. like i said in my above post, you can email me if you need too. much love to you girl.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 8:24 PM on May. 29, 2010