Spotting at 40 weeks...

Just now I noticed spotting after using the bathroom...and it was accompanies by a lot of clear stuff. I thought the "blood show" was supposed to look more like...boogers? This was totally clear, and I got some heavily diluted blood with each wipe. Now I'm having mild contractions, but they are not regular. Please tell me this sounds like labor! I'm generally told to call my midwife when they are more regular so I know for sure...but this doesn't sound like anything else right??? I'm so tired of being pregnant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your body is working on labor preparation whether or not you see anything...
    But it looks like you see something!
    ;-)

How close (and long) are the contractions?
    How long have they been this way?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:09 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I would say that it might be labor... could be prodromal. I would suggest resting just in case. :)
    On an encouraging note, you have made it 40 weeks! That is a log time, so whether labor is a couple hours or a couple weeks away, that is nothing compared to what you have behind you already!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:17 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I haven't been timing them yet because I've had so many false starts I make myself crazy! I would say they are once every 5-7 minutes and they generally last 20-30 seconds in duration. They feel like a mild menstrual cramp combined with a tightening sensation in my lower stomach that slowly builds in intensity and then goes away. I've had one natural childbirth before, but I honestly have no idea how stomach contractions are supposed to feel because with my daughter I felt nothing in my stomach, it was all in my back.
    Anonymous

• sounds like you are fixin to have that baby!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:18 PM on May. 29, 2010

• It is possible that this might fade away --or-- intensify...
    Either way, your body is getting ready so be sure to stay hydrated, nourished, rested, happy!

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:29 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Sounds like your mucus plug. My mucus plug was completely clear and looked like jello globs. My friends was bloody and snot like Sounds like u got a mix of the 2..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:41 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Walk walk walk. Try to get the contractions regular. It could be labor. Will hope so since you are due.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:03 PM on May. 29, 2010

• ~OP~ Dang it! I wanted to walk, but it's been rainy here like all day! What about an exercise ball or breast pump? I heard those things work? I know to only use the pump in short intervals so they don't get TOO strong...and the exercise ball is supposed to bump him against the cervix and into the pelvis to keep it going???
    Anonymous

• Yes there are things you can do if you want to push it.
    I regret those, personally. :-( I feel guilt from forcing my baby out before it was truly Time.
    But if you want to try that stuff you can.
    You can walk circles around the couch-- the ball is good.
    I discourage the pump/NS unless you are monitored because it's a riskier route.

Good luck with everything!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:31 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Ball?? YES Breast pump?? NO Raspberry Leaf Tea?? YES Castor Oil?? NO Sex?? MMMMaybe what did your OB suggest.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:59 PM on May. 29, 2010