do you ever treat yourself to anything when doing good dieting? Like sometimes if you've done good for 2 wks do you allow yourself something sweet?

what?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:19 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• wow, i don't know how you other ladies do it that way.

When i am trying to change my diet i try not to reward myself with the thing that i am trying to avoid. I try to find other ways to reward myself though. If i decide that the best reward is to use my "no no" food item as a reward i try to make a longer and longer term goal each time.
    Example, i have a weakness for fastfood. If i go 2 weeks with no fast food and decide fastfood is a good reward then after that i try to go 3 weeks or maybe 4. then the next time around i might try to go 5 or 6. etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:42 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I allowed myself a cheat meal once a week. It really does help to keep you on track with your weight loss goals.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:21 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I don't deny myself anything, even when I'm dieting. I do watch portion control. If I want a piece of chocolate, instead of buying an entire Hershey bar I'll have a Hershey kiss and usually that little bit will satisfy my craving.

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on May. 29, 2010

• girl you have to take a day off of your diet once a week. it keeps your metabolism from getting slow and it helps you to not feel deprived and 'cheat'. after you've been on a diet for a while you find that on your day off you're actually eating really good and making good choices and that makes you feel good bc you know you'll be able to keep the weight off. that being said, today is my 'day off' and i had pancakes for breakfast and rita's after dinner. only 5 more lbs. to go woohoo!!! gl!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I'm doing Weight Watchers. The plan doesn't deny you anything, you just have to use common sense and make good choices the majority of the time. I can't be perfect with everything, and I don't want to be.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:36 PM on May. 29, 2010

• yeah ill eat off my diet on a special occasion or once a week sometimes.
    im not really into the portion control & weight watchers things, it never worked for me.
    i just eat straight up healthy all week - egg whites, fruit, grilled chicken, baked chicken, turkey, veggies, one protein bar a day for lunch. and then one day a week ill eat something good(or should i say bad). and i dont deny myself on most special occasions either.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:40 PM on May. 29, 2010

• ...thats a good idea outstanding love. I'm so craving some onionrings right now but i'm NOT going to do it!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:48 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I think you just have to be sensible and do it in morderation. Eat good, but if you are craving, have something, so you don't binge.
    Anonymous

• It's better to never diet. Change the way you eat for the rest of your life. As you loose weight reward yourself with new clothes or other non-food stuff.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:28 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I don't diet. I don't believe it's healthy or the right method to weight control. However, I know myself enough to know that if I did I could never allow myself something sweet. Because it wouldn't end at that one something sweet. Change your lifestyle into maintaining a well portioned, well balanced food pallet. Excersise and drink more water. Cut out all soda (that's horrible for you either way). That is the way to a healthy mind and body. Dieting is a quick fix that won't last, because once that diet is over you'll be back to the weight you started off at. A lifestyle change creates a barrier between the old you and the new you, because once you lose that weight you continue that lifestyle. A diet is a fad, so to speak, and once you lose that weight that diet is over. Which causes that weight to creep right on back.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 PM on May. 29, 2010