How to become a vegetarian?

I'm thinking of venturing down the journey of vegetarianism. I stopped buying read meat for home cooking several months ago. But i still eat it when i go out and such. The only meat i use for home cooking right now is poultry and fish.
I plan to stop eating cow all together starting on Monday. Which shouldn't be too difficult as long as i don't go out next month. lol

For those of you who didn't start out as vegetarians, how did you make the transition from Traditional American Diet to vegetarian?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:37 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Boca and morning star make a ton of meatless options. Even bacon. It might be an acquired taste because it isn't something your used to but they are really good and you can find different options for everything. Go to www.VEGWEB.com and you will find lots of good recipes. If you have a trader joes near you they have great meatless "meat" options. Make huge salads and add beans and corn and cheese. Buy a block of tofu and experiment with spices and sauces. Look up a recipe for hummus and try adding things for different variations. It really isnt all that hard when you consider the alternative.

Casarah13

Answer by Casarah13 at 1:31 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I don't mean this smart-assy, but there is no trick to it. Just stop eating it. If you're craving it and you're not committed to it, then you'll probably end up consuming it again at some point. If you are dedicated to not eating cow again, then just don't buy it at the store or order it at a restaurant. That means you'll have to order something else, simple as that. If you don't like salad or pasta entrees, many restaurants offer alternatives like veggie burger platters and such. I believe Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, and Chilis all do. You can also go to restaurants where there are delicious vegetarian entrees (not burgers) like tex-mex food, so you'll get bean burritos and things like that. I've been a vegetarian for a long time, and for me, there is no struggle. I don't want to eat dead animals, so I don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I just stopped one day however I had been buying and eating fake meat products for a while just to get used to them. It takes a little bit to get used to especially when you go to restaurants but you will get used to it and find creative ways to make your meals meat free.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:46 PM on May. 31, 2010