How to become a vegetarian?

I'm thinking of venturing down the journey of vegetarianism. I stopped buying read meat for home cooking several months ago. But i still eat it when i go out and such. The only meat i use for home cooking right now is poultry and fish.
I plan to stop eating cow all together starting on Monday. Which shouldn't be too difficult as long as i don't go out next month. lol

For those of you who didn't start out as vegetarians, how did you make the transition from Traditional American Diet to vegetarian?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:38 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Health

• You're doing it the right way... slowly. Diet is all about routine, you have to change your routine to change your diet. Taking it in small steps and letting your body adapt to the change is a great way to be successful.

Good Luck!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:00 PM on May. 29, 2010

• We stopped eating meat one Easter and never looked back, no chicken, no fish, no beef, no pork. It really depends on the reasoning your using. For health reasons or humanitarian issues? Chicken that are raised to lay eggs have a horrible life so you may cut them out too. If your not eating beef are you consuming dairy and such?
    You can live a very healthy life style with out ever consuming meat even when you go out to eat at a restaurant. There are many good books on the market for cooking and for living a vegi lifestyle.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:26 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I have been a vegetarian for most of the last 30 years. Send me a message offlist if you would like to chat.

We build our meals aroung:

Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on May. 30, 2010