how do i get rid of that lower belly and hips?

SkyM6

Asked by SkyM6 at 8:45 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• a no carb diet and cardio.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:47 PM on May. 29, 2010

• ugh! tell me when you find out! I use baggy clothes...
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 8:50 PM on May. 29, 2010

• i agree about the dreaded cardio. Also, try pilates. like the mari winsor dvd.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:03 PM on May. 29, 2010

• you NEED to eat carbs, especially before a workout because in addition to producing energy they cause your body to produce insulin more rapidly to burn sugar and fat. also leg ups (lying on the floor and lifting your legs to a 90 degree angle repeatedly) specifically target the lower abs and hips. cardio is important as well
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:09 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I disagree. Cardio is for cardio. Keep in mind you won't lost that belly if you have had it stretched out during pregnancies. Some women never get their pre babies belly back without a tummy tuck. Also, if the belly just has fat (no muscle stretched out) then know that fat comes off as it was distributed so you can't spot reduce just in your belly. It has to come off slowly the same way it came on so you might lose in your arms before you lose in your belly. Are your hips "fat" or are they just spread due to pregnancies? if from pregnancies they may not go back to the way they were prior to giving birth. Talk to your doctor about all of this. I'd try Pilates, stretches and resistance bands then add weight training. These are all simple ways to see a difference. The only cardio I even consider is walking. The rest is just way too much and some cause knee damage.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Cardio. Don't do diets unless you know specifically what your body retains the most. Not all bodies retain sugars, fats, and calories the same. So if you were to go on a no carb diet and it's fats you need to be watching, then you're being counter productive. I wouldn't suggest a diet at all. Infact I would do Cardio, Pilates, and Yoga. Yes all three. Cardio and Pilates are designed to help you lose the fat, then Pilates and Yoga helps you tone and strengthen the muscles.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:16 PM on May. 29, 2010

• i did hip hop abs..it was great i lost that hip fat and lower belly.. the standing crunches worked so much better than regular crunches.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:46 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Cardio is for weight loss, weights are for toning. You need to eat some carbs, but just be sure you're eating the good ones. Look up the 'diabetic diet' and you'll get a good feel for the foods that are good for you to eat and what to limit or avoid (this includes fruits and veggies - some are not as good for you as others!).
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:48 PM on May. 30, 2010