how long should it take? ive been trying for a few weeks doing exercise videos

SkyM6

Asked by SkyM6 at 8:51 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It took me a good 3-4 weeks to start showing results. I've been working out for about 8 weeks now and I've lost 10 lbs. Don't give up or stop, you can do it. Believe me I know it is hard, but just keep at it. GL
    Anonymous

• What results are you looking for? It takes time but depending on the exercise it could take longer to see results plus you have to be changing your eating habits at the same time. Exercise won't do a lot of good if you are not eating and drinking healthy.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on May. 29, 2010

• First week I joined WeightWatchers I lost 8 lb., and I only exercised every other day and only for 20 min.

So if you want to see results on the scale, my suggestion is to :

~up your fruits&veggies to 5 servings a day(combined) (1 serving is 1/2 cup)
    ~also make sure you get your 6 8oz glasses of water each day.

Both of those will boots your metabolism to burn more + also help you feel full = which will result in weight loss :)

GL
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:28 PM on May. 29, 2010

• depending on the workout it can take 2-6 weeks.. i did hip hop abs to lose my baby fat/skin and i saw results within 7 days .. an lost 2 lbs in that first week
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• If you aren't changing your eating habits then you will never see a change. Calories in - Calories out. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat. Do a google search for a BMR calculator online to find the amount of calories your body burns each day just to survive. Mine is 1800 and then I burn an extra 700 calories per day doing my daily routine and working out. That comes to 2500 calories that I burn every day, so in order to lose weight I need to eat less than that. For instance if I cut back to 2000 calories per day, that would mean that I would have a deficit of 500 calories per day, times 7 days a week would equal 3500 calories or 1 pound of fat. If I want the weight loss to go faster, I eat less. Seriously it is all about the calories and doing the math. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 31, 2010