i fed my 20 month old fast food...

She hasn't ever eaten any sort of fast food before, but we were far from home during her lunchtime and I had nothing but a couple of raisins with me so we stopped at the chick fila. Got her chicken nuggets and fries kids meal which we shared. Had really bad diarrhea ever since, no food allergies. What's up with that? I know kids younger than her eat fast food all the time and it doesn't happen with them. Could eating half a serving of french fries have messed up her tummy this bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• uhhhh yea! If she's not used to this type of food then her digestive system is going to have a hard time w/ it. & it was probably more the chicken nuggets than the fries.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:29 PM on May. 29, 2010

• All the food there is cooked in peanut oil. My grandson is allergic to peanuts, that's how I know. That may have something to do with it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:29 PM on May. 29, 2010

• There's a lot of grease in that food... I'm sure it could have made her tummy upset. Probably not the end of the world, but another reason to avoid it... Doesn't make you a bad mom or anything, just may be your daughter's way of reminding you that that stuff isn't good for her...

I know Chick fil-a fries their stuff in peanut oil which is supposed to be safe still even for kids with peanut allergies, but if you haven't given peanuts yet, I would be cautious when you do.
    Anonymous

• UH YES. My kids didnt even LIKE fast food when they first tried it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:34 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Yeah, regardless of allergy issues or lack thereof, there's so much grease in that stuff anyone who's not used to eating it will get the runs from it. We eat stuff like that once every 1-2 months, on rare occasion more than once a month or even twice a week, and there are times that we'll get the runs from it - but we've realized certain places are worse for it than others.
    Anonymous

• to much grease can do that to anyone who is not use to it. Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she feels better soon!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:47 PM on May. 29, 2010

• OP- I feel terrible. :( She loved it when she ate it (she loves ALL food) but now she's sick. No more fast food for her. I know it's not a peanut allergy though, because we eat fresh roasted peanuts and peanut butter all the time. Probably all the grease, she's never had processed nuggets before yesterday. Poor baby. We live and we learn, right?
    Anonymous

• they "pressure fry" and their chicken has almost 3x the fat of ANY other ff place. We can't eat it either- makes us sick EVERY time. (though it's been ages, and ages since we have had any)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 PM on May. 29, 2010

• The first time my son had greasy food it did a number on his stomach. I have been very careful about any grease now. If they are not use to it, it will get to them every time.
    Anonymous

• If she doesn't normally eat greasy foods (like fast food) then she most likely just had a digestive upset. It happens when new foods are introduced that the body has a hard time digesting. It's most likely nothing to do with a food allergy, but simply her body saying "Whoa that was new!"
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:07 PM on May. 29, 2010