How many wars are we going to fight?

We are in Iraq and Afghanistan, apparently for the long haul because all talks of withdrawing our troops has stopped.

Hillary Clinton says we need to do something about North Korea,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article7136810.ece

And now we are going to bomb Pakistan? When will it end?

NYC plot prompts U.S. to plan Pakistan attack

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37410800/ns/world_news-washington_post/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought Obama was going to bring all of our troops home?! Isn't that why so many of your voted for him? Why are you yelling at those of us who understand the need for our troops to be wherever they are? Why don't you take it up with the Commander in Chief?! There certainly were PLENTY of anti-war protests going on around the White House when Bush was in office...not so much now! Why is that? Or is the media just turning a blind eye to protect their little fledgling president?!

And once again...our military is ALL VOLUNTEER!! Your loved ones VOLUNTEERED to join and to serve this country! Did you or they think they were never going to see war time?! If they enlisted after the Gulf War started or after 9/11, surely they had to know there was a strong possibility they would have to do at least one tour!

I know it sucks, and I really don't know how military spouses manage, but it is what should have been known from the get go!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:30 AM on May. 30, 2010

• What would you rather do? Send NKorea some flowers and candy and ask them to play nice? You can't reason with a mad man.
    Anonymous

• The wars will never end, under the R's or the D's....it's called EMPIRE, and it's leading us to bankruptcy.

But don't worry. unlike every other one in history, ours will last forever.
    Anonymous

• Having some sort of war going on on this earth is one of those consistent things over human history, there's always some fighting going on somewhere...I may be pessimistic on this one, but I don't think human nature is going to change much in that regard any time soon.
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:09,

Hate to bust your bubble but the only thing we have ever asked for saving all these other countries is a little land to bury our war dead.

Being the only super power we have treaties that we will come to the aid of our NATO allies and our NATO allies will come to our aid if needed. 

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:50 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Natesmom, I was just going to address that one too. Good job.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2010

• We are still on for a troop pull out in Iraq, however I believe there will be an unaccompanied tour there, much like the tour in south Korea. We are also scheduled for troop pull out in afganistan within the next 2 years. But I agree it's time to stop the wars...I miss my husband....and not to mention, the madness won't ever stop.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:26 PM on May. 29, 2010

• These are only the wars we know about. There are soldiers deployed to countries and we don't even know they are there. Secret ops being conducted everyday out side of the middle east. They come back and not even their loved ones truly know where they were other than out of our country. Even if we were not fighting these wars, there are secret wars that we are fighting.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 11:41 PM on May. 29, 2010

• It is time to bring our troops home!!
    Why are we sending our love one's there anyway?(Iraq and Afghanistan) and please do not say terrorist they trained in the U.S. Or WMD, when we found there was none there than we should of left.
    It is it for drugs or oil? Should our love one's die for this??
    I think it is time to see that our Government has been lying to us for years!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:31 AM on May. 30, 2010

• a question for you:
    Would you rather the wars be on our land instead?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:00 AM on May. 30, 2010