Baby shower gifts

I have three baby showers coming up within the same month, I want to make something really cute, but something that will get use, also it needs to be relatively cheap I can not afford too much right now, if you have any ideas please tell me or send me the links

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got a baby bouquet of flowers in the mail once. It was fake flowers with baby items like socks, rattles, wash clothes, mittens, etc rubber band into the bouquet. You can get all of the supplies for it at the dollar store.
    Anonymous

• I had someone give me some handmade bibs that were made out of inexpensive white washclothes edged with ribbon and colored rick-rack. They were great - I used them over and over, especially at home when I didn't want to use the "fancier" expensive ones I had bought. I had them for my 3 oldest and then passed them on to someone else - I SO wish I still had them for my 4th and now 5th!

Answer by missanc at 10:32 PM on May. 29, 2010

• If you can sew you can make quilts/blankets for the babies. Then they're individual to the child and homemade. Fabric can be as low as 1$ a year at walmart and sometimes Jo Anne Fabrics has some really awesome deals.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I got a homemade baby book. You buy the scrapbooking set and put it together for the mom...Awesoms awesome gift!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:43 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I made a diaper cake for my SIL last year with my MIL. It only cost us the price of a small pack of size 1 diapers and rubber bands. We cut cardboard boxes up into circles, three sizes. Then, rolled all the diapers separately and wrapped a rubberband loosely around it, then wrapped rubber bands around three of them and three more, with the sets of three attached to each other. We set the bottom ones in a circle, put the next cardboard down over the gap in the center, then did the same thing to that one and the last tier. We wrapped some thin ribbon around the diapers to help hold the shape and still leave the diapers exposed and put a little teddy bear on the top as a "cake topper". Very cheap, cute, and only took about an hour to do, with two kids running around and trying to "help".
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:16 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Can you sew? My MIL made me bibs and receiving blankets that are WAY better than anything you can buy in the stores. The receiving blankets are a good size. My daughter is 9 months and until just recently we were able to still swaddle her from the armpits down (she sleeps with her hands up) and there is no way we would have been able to go much past a few weeks with those store bought ones. We only don't swaddle her now because she moves around too much. The bibs my MIL made are kind of dog bone shaped, if you will. They are small where they lay on your shoulder and then go out on the ends so there is lots of room for the baby to spit up without getting on your clothes. She just used cute flannel for both the bibs and blankets. The blankets are one piece of flannel, the bibs are two pieces sewn together. She did make one blanket that is double for the winter.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:16 AM on May. 30, 2010

• If you can't sew or aren't crafty, you can buy a bath tub. Mine was under $10. And it can be filled with the items they would need. I'm not sure how inexpensive that is. Is under $25 cheap for you or under $10, since you have so many showers in such a short time!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:07 PM on May. 30, 2010