what's up with the "aiden" names?

Aiden, Jayden, Brayden, Caden, Hayden, Cadence, and all the different spellings of all those names. Every time I go to the park or the playplace or the pool or daycare I hear at least 2 kids being called by one of those names. What's up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Also for girls, the whole "Madison/Addison" thing.
    Anonymous

• It's funny how people think they picked a unique name and they all end up sounding the same.
    Anonymous

• common trend- as are a lot of irish name variations (and have been for the past 10 years)... along with using a sir name for aa little girl, THAT is the one I hate... it literally means "Son Of ___________".
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:14 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I dunno. I wondered that myself. I love my kid's names Gabriel and Corbin.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:16 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My son's name is Braedyn. I have always loved that name, so that's what I named him.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:16 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Two of my cousins named their kids Aidan...Go figure.

Anonymous

• My kid is JAZZIE!
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:17 PM on May. 29, 2010

• my neighbor has an adisen (girl) and a hayden (boy). LOL
    Anonymous

• My sister's daughter is Sophia Leighton kinda trendy to me. But my daughter is Klarissa Juliette. My sister hates it lol Different people with different tastes, just so happens that alot of people like that sound. or the names.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, I love uncommon names but not crazy sounding. My first daughter's name is Ashley Julianna, very common but my husband's sister's name was Ashley and she died when they were kids so he wanted to name our first daughter Ashley. Of course now that it's my daughter's name, I love it.
    My second baby is Emilia Karlissa. I don't know why, but I always like the name Karlissa. DH hated it so we decided to name her Emilia which we both like and Karlissa is her middle name.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:32 PM on May. 29, 2010