can i tell him to come back without seeming to needy?

i'm depressed and suicidal. SO was here for the day, but left.. i dont trust myself by myself, but i dont want to talk about WHY i'm depressed- and he's been trying to push for the answer all day today.

can i ask him to come back? or should i just let it go?

right now- he's out with his friends. we've been together for almost 2 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• PM me right now! You need to talk to someone if you are suicidal
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:26 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Can I ask why you don't want to talk about what is making you so sad? I'm thinking he loves you and is probably worried about you. He probably wants to help and is getting frustrated because without knowing why you're sad, he can't help you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:40 PM on May. 29, 2010

• i'm sick of the feelings that stem from my depression. i figure if i dont have to talk about it- i wont have to re-live the feeling and eventually, it'll go away.

i know i have to talk to him about it. but even just talking about it- its not like he can help. everything i'm facing is out of even MY control! i dont even know where to start if i was to talk to him.
    Anonymous

• maybe some counseling would help.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:46 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Why haven't you told him why you're depressed. Of all people he should be someone that you should be able to tell anything to. He can even help you into solving your problem. Don't shut him out. He seems to really want to be there for you. If not him, then please go to someone to talk about this. You're not going to get any help if you don't speak up.

Yes, you can ask him to come back and hang with you. He's your SO he should want to spend time with you, especially if you need him there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:49 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Problems and feelings rarely go away just because we don't talk about them. But I agree with lowencope...if you don't want to talk to your SO please talk to a counselor. They can help you SO much better than trying to ignore it or trying to cope on your own.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:50 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I know how you feel, even though I don't know the nature of your depression, I've been depressed for many years and it's driving my husband away. I really don't want him to leave, and I told him last night that I'm afraid to be alone. I can relate to what you're going thru and I hope things work in your favor and that you can get the help you need.
    Anonymous

• so i texted him "can you come back?"

he said "right now?"

i said "no never mind".. i feel like he said "right now?" as in a tone thats like i'm too busy 4 u

i should've never asked him to come back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Depression isn't a FEELING. Telling him won't make you snap out of it. You can "be" depressed over something circumstantial (death, divorce, traumatic event, stress, etc) but if you suffer from DEPRESSION then it's physiological which means you probably need meds bc things in the brain are not working right. So if I wanted to try to get someone to come back I'd go with the last one and just ask for his moral support.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I think you over thought his response. He probably wanted to know if you meant now or in general.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:24 AM on May. 30, 2010