Do you have the thermostat argument with your DH in the summertime?

We fuss about what the temp should be set at. I am comfortable with 75 and he likes 69. He puts it on 71 and 70 when I'm not looking and I always go in behind him and turn it back up. It's partially the electric bill I'm worried about the fact that it's just too damn cold.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 10:44 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My biggest problem is morning times. We lower the thermostat at night because it gets super hot upstairs where the bedrooms are. In the winter, the first thing he does in the morning is turn it up; in the summer, it stays down until I turn it up. I hate the discrepancy, especially since the way he does it is always the way that costs more money. Erg.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:53 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I am the one home most of the time so I control it. Sometimes he changes it but not often. I have problems with my feet and we have tile. If it gets to cold my feet start to hurt. So he doesn't have a problem with keeping it on what I am comfortable with.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:05 PM on May. 29, 2010

• i dont have a thermostat, we just have air conditioners but yes we fight about them. he likes it on the coolest and highest, i like it on the middle coolest on low because they work really good. and he will leave them on when he leaves and nobodys here or he leaves the bedroom and leaves that on while hes not even in there and it runs up the bill, pisses me off.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:45 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Don't have an A/C/ It's hot!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:46 PM on May. 29, 2010

• All year long! LOL
    Hubby loves it to be hot all the time, but I love it cold, even in the winter.
    During the summer months, I want the A/C to be set between 66 & 68, but hubby wants it at 75.
    During the winter months, I want the A/C to be set between 68 & 70, but he wants it above 75.
    He's a Virginian, which is where we live, so he is used to the heat and humidity. I'm a Mainah who loves the cold and never had to deal with the humidity and high heat. Living here is so hard for me, but this is home for the rest of our lives now.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:32 AM on May. 30, 2010

• We have that argument all year long. He wants it to be freezing like a bear cave, and I want it to be warm enough to sustain human life. I suspect this argument will continue until one of us dies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:04 PM on May. 30, 2010