How do you feel about sharing birthday parties?

Ok my son is turning 2 on June 8th, and my brother is turning 8 June 10th, well my mother decided we should to a joint party since all of the family is about 45 mintues away rather than to do a two seperate parites a week apart because it might be a hassle on them driving. So i'm thinking about it, the only thing is she is planning it as if its just my brothers party, she has outed my ideas, and since she decided to pay for most of it she feels whatever she says goes. If I decide to just do my own party it would have to be the week after my brothers and most likely no one will show up because they just drove out here a week ago, ugh i'm so torn on what to do, I don't want my son to be left out like he's just attending the party KWIM? what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I would give your son his own party. A birthday is the one special day every kid deserves to have. He should have ALL the attention, not half of it, and so should your brother!! 45 minutes is not that far away, but either way you can ask everybody personally if they can come, and if they say no, move the party 2 weeks after your brother's.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:56 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I would personally do my own party as well. It would be different if you had 2 kids that have birthdays near each other, but this is your child and your brother. When I was growing up, I had a cousin who was born on my 10th birthday. We shared a couple of birthday parties, and then one year we went over to my uncle and aunt's for the birthday, and they didn't even acknowledge my birthday at all, only their son. Granted I was 13 and he was 3, so it really wasn't a true joint birthday party, but I was a little miffed that I had to spend my birthday with my 3 year old cousin and then no one even bothered to acknowledge it.
    Anonymous

• I would let Him have His own party because young kids want full attention so if family dosnt want to come then there is probly plenty of friends that would be there.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 6:11 PM on May. 31, 2010