my daughter will be 2 June 9th....."this is about BED TIME!"

She was really good at going to bed all we had to do is read her a book say goodnight give her a kiss then she would go too bed..."we still put a gate up in her doorway so she can't get out." well newho i think a month ago she had a UTI so we took her to her doctor and they wanted her to pee in a bag thing but she didn't sooo they tried to put a catheter in 3 or 4 times! and it still didn't go in..and of course me and the hubby had to hold her down...So that night I think she had dreams about it..it was so sad and scary...NEWHO i'm trying to say after all that happend it seems like she can't go to sleep UNLESS me or the hubby is sitting right beside her untill she go to sleep...

What could we do to not have too do that anymore?!?!

my hubby had to make this certain gate that she could not climb over or knock it down...cuz sometimes she takes for ever to go too sleep so we hurry and get out of the room and just let her cry her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ***cry herself to sleep...I feel bad that we gotta do that but we can't always sit right beside her till she falls asleep ya know??

am I a bad parent for doing this to her???

HELP please!
    Anonymous

• I dunno I wouldn't really feel bad because you are teaching her to self sooth and go to be by herself. Others may disagree with me, but in my eyes you are doing nothing wrong.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:03 PM on May. 29, 2010