who work all the time and never do anything with their kids but take all the credit? what do you think?

He never helps out anymore he was all for it in the beginning but when things started getting tough he completely stopped! why do they think that working is enough? when i ask my hubby to help out hes either too tired or he doesnt feel like it! other times he says marrige is a pertnership, but whats a partnership if you dont HELP take care of you own kid? i know hes supporting us but dont mommys need a break once in a while too? i dont see why its such a big deal... he always hangs out with his friends and gets mad when i say sumthin cuz he works n never sees them but im always home the only ppl i ever see is my hubby both sides parents and my daughter tell me thats not lame and boring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• while i agree your hubby is being an ass, you cant change him nor can you rely on anyone else to provide you with a social life. take the kids with, or find someone to stay with them an afternoon a week so you can get some mom time. if he works all the time, and then can afford to go hang with his buds, you can afford a sitter once a week. maybe once he sees you going out and having a life without him he will not want to be gone so much. one pp said"moms dont NEED a break" ummm yes, yes we do, we need it like air......hang in there and start thinking of something YOU would like to do; take a class, read a book, get weekly massages....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:34 AM on May. 30, 2010

• You both have a responsibility to care for the kids. Maybe some marriage counseling would help with this one. He needs an objective third party to tell him that he still needs to help you with the kids and give you a break.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:53 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I was a single mom and moms don't really NEED a break. It might be nice but it's not a need. If you are unhappy with your life do something about it. Obviously your husband isn't going to change. You can have friends and a full and active life and take care of your kids.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:13 PM on May. 29, 2010

• If he has time for his friends he has time to be a father and a good husband. For some social interaction you can always invite friends over to your home, or even go out and bring your daughter with you - some days my friends and I spend a couple hours just talking and walking around the mall with our kids. I also agree with lowencope; some counseling may be in order for your husband to fully understand how life is for you and that you deserve a break. While he does deserve some time for his friends, so do you. I'd go insane if the only people I saw all the time were my parents, in laws, kids and hubby. Everyone needs some kind of social life for happiness.
    Anonymous

• If your family or husband are not available to watch your kids, you take them along. Find friends with children with whom they can play. Or get together with women who may not have small children but love them :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:58 PM on May. 29, 2010