Spin off from baby bonding question...

It made me think as I responded to it. I have an almost 18 yr old and 16 yr old. Im so ready for ME time sometimes and I feel so guilty about it. I dont have my own bedrm b/c Im a single parent and we live in an apt. Tonight I have my me time cause they went to dads overnight, and Im lost. I have been the parent to my kids for 7 yrs. My dd will be a senior this year. Where do I go from here? How do I start dating again? The bonding question made me think about the adult children we have and how this bond is going to take on a new direction very soon. My kids have been my whole world for such a long time now. I want the me time, but I dont know what to do with the ME time,,,,does that make sense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• You don't have to do anything crazy, but my mom became really really active in her church after I moved out. She has dozens of friends and much more of a life than I even have. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• My mom got remarried when I was 16, and had another kid when I was 17. I wouldn't recommend it, but to each his own, right? Join a bowling league? My MIL took a cake decorating class and loved it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:37 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I was a lost pup after my last one left too but I got out and returned to college, volunteered and started going to online dating sites. It gave me confidence that I lacked. Once I found "me" again i was fine. It will take some time but just have fun.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:45 PM on May. 30, 2010