Are girls really harder than boys?

I've aways heard this saying.. I heard it TONS before finding out I was having a boy (i wished for a girl, BUT im crazy about my little boy!) Anybody agree? Any specific reasons?

lovelyy504

Asked by lovelyy504 at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's proven true to me so far, but they're both much much too young to really give examples. I know my little girl is much more picky, demanding, and vocal then my son. You have to lay her a certain way, food has to be a certain temp, blankets have to be a certain way, held a certain way... argh! :D
    My son... he was an easy peasy baby, still is.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 10:56 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I dunno I have two boys and they drive me absolutely crazy!!!! I think boys are harder to potty train and they more active as children, but you don't have to worry about them as much and do all the emotional stuff when they are older.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:57 PM on May. 29, 2010

• All of my friends with boys and girls agree. My mom agrees. I agree after raising my younger siblings and watching my nephews and having 2 girls of my own. They are both loud, silly, picky, and girly.
    Anonymous

• I love my little girl =) She says thank you all the time and tries to take help take care of her cousin who is 4 months old (she's 13 months). She is a drama queen though, but not picky at all.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:00 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I wanted a boy so bad for the same reason, I ended up with a little girl. My mother told me that girls are the same as a little boy until puberty comes lol. I wouldn't know bc my dd is only 9 months. but to tell you the truth...I enjoy her more then I thought. I love dressing her up, putting bows in her hair, her earings, its so much fun, my dh calls my dd my little live doll lol
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:00 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Well right now I can only compare my son (22 months) and my neice (30 months) and my neice is MUCH easier to babysit/ care for. She sits quietly, asks for what she wants, has been learning to potty train for a while. My son on the other hand is tears through the house causing chaos and running amok lol. He's much much much more physically active, daring, and LOUD! All boy. However, when they're teens I can totally see my neice being a high maintenence girl (something I NEVER wish to deal with) and well, I'm hoping my son will have calmed down by then lol.
    Anonymous

• Hell NO!! Boys are MUCH harder than girls! Without doubt, I would love if I only had girls... Boys are just crazy bouncing off walls, throwing balls in the house, always running... Girls are much easier to deal with!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I have a daughter who is 5 and a brother who is 8 and I absolutely agree. My mom has 5 boys and i'm the only girl and she says she prefered taking care of all the boys together than just me!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:14 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I have a 3 year old boy, and in about a month, we're having a girl. Ever since we found out we were having another baby, my husband and I told everyone who asked "We want a girl." The response from a lot of them was "Oh, you don't want a girl. Girls are harder than boys." The thing that all of them had in common? They all had boys first. My guess is that they got accustomed to the way the boys acted, and didn't quite know how to react when the girl wasn't quite the same.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:25 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I have a girl and I've been around boys. I guess it's all what your personality is. IMO boys run crazy, play wild, and jump head first at things. My daughter is cautious and thinks before she acts. But she hates getting her hair done! lol
    Anonymous