If your SO (NOT husband) was going through a lot inside and outside of your relationship and...

he said he wanted to take some time for himself and was gone for a day with no call (eventually did call), what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• it was one day, so let it alone. But I can see your point of him walking away from his responsibilities.It sounds like he needed to clear his head and trusted you to tke care of his son while he did it, I wouldnt be mad unless this becomes a regular habit.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:30 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I don't know I guess I would figure he needed some time to himself to clear his head. Is he breaking up with you or what?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:58 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I don't THINK so. He said that's not what he wanted. There are just a lot of stressors right now.
    Anonymous

• But I mean I feel like, I'm left here to raise our son (which I don't mind doing) while he goes and just "thinks" for a day. I would never just up and leave my family like that, but I've also never been in his situation either so...I just don't know!
    Anonymous

• My ex-bf did this and said he wanted 2 weeks to himself, but I saw his car parked at the store on my way home from work suring this 2 week period and there was a girl in his car. He gave me a story but I never believed it and I really soon after dumped him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:25 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I can understand giving him a day if he is truly over stressed, but if it becomes a common thing for him to just go off for days at a time or starts doing this all the time I'd say he needs more than just time to think. If my boyfriend wanted a day I'd give him the space but like I said if he started doing it a lot I'd ask him to go to therapy to help work through some of his problems.
    Anonymous

• When he came back, how was he?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:56 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I would be pissed and tell him so. You can't be a door mat just because he's going through some stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I wouldnt be mad.. I'd give him the space. It was only a day it wasnt like he was gone a week... sometimes they rather think by themselves then to try to explain stuff to us. Just let him know how it made you feel to be left there alone and maybe he can take time to think inside the house instead of you not knowing where he is...
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:25 AM on May. 30, 2010

• So, he's got a lot of stressful stuff going on, and he took one day to be alone, think, and try to relax? And he called you at the end of this day, right? I wouldn't worry about the relationship too much. I'd be worried about him, being that stressed out, but it sounds to me like he just needed some time alone to try to deal with everything, and there's nothing wrong with that. You say you feel like you're left there to raise your son...first, it was only one day. Second, if you feel like you need that same kind of time alone, say so. Tell him you need a day or whatever and he needs to take care of your son that day. I truly think you're getting worked up over nothing. If it starts to become a habit, then I'd confront him about it, but one day when he's got a lot of stress is not a big deal, in my opinion.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:31 AM on May. 30, 2010