How often do you think is okay for a parent to go out with friends or wherever after 2 y.o baby is in bed?

With another parent or baby sitter at home, of course.

Once a week? Once a month? What's your personal opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If the baby is in bed and there is someone there to supervise the baby, then I think an adult should be able to decide how often he or she wants to go out on their own. I wouldn't know what was appropriate.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:32 PM on May. 29, 2010

• as often as you want too. i see some moms saying that once your a mom you should never go out to the bar and get some drinks with your friends but i disagree. there has been months where i went out 3 or 4 fridays a month. my bills are paid, my son has everything he needs & wants, i dont go out until hes already in bed, hes safe with someone i trust, and everyones happy and im allowed to get out of the house and enjoy some adult time too. nothing wrong with that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:35 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Probably once a month, but I don't have a 2 year old ... I have an 11 month old that wakes up quite a bit and I want to be her for her :) sooo my hubby and I never go out!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:35 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I would say once a week if you can hang! I would do it but I get so tired from drinking that my Sundays get ruined. lol If your baby has everything he/she needs and is safe and sound, there is nothing wrong with it. You're a mom, not a nun. lolz
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:40 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I think if the baby is already in bed & your not pawning your child off on someone else- there would be no problem going out EVERY night if that was something you wanted to do. If you can be happy come morning to tolerate the day w/ a 2yr old kudos to you!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:49 PM on May. 29, 2010

• how ever often you need. I go out once every once in a while for about 4 hours while my baby is sleeping. sometimes I wait a month to go out, sometimes i go out a couple nights in a row, just depends
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:53 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Well, we only go out once a month or so. Usually the kids go to my sister's house for the night. I don't think I would want to go out more than that, but if you have the opportunity and the kids are with a safe, trustworthy caregiver, then I don't think it's a problem. Just have your phone handy in case the caregiver needs to call you.
    jimmalou1978

Answer by jimmalou1978 at 11:57 PM on May. 29, 2010

• It depends soley on what you're doing when you're out. If you're just going to a movie or dinner with friends for a couple of hours you could go twice a week for all it matters. If you're going and getting sloppy drunk and driving home the answer is never.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My husband and I try to have a date night once a week. Son goes to grandma and grandpas and I do NOT feel guilty at all. If you are putting your child to bed first and will be able to wake up as a rested responsible parent that can care for your child, then however often you want.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:11 AM on May. 30, 2010

• As often as you like as long as you can still properly care for your child the next day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 30, 2010