How can I get my ex to stop being an ass just because his g/f doesn't like me?

I've known my ex-husband all my life. Our parents grew up together and his family has always been like a 2nd family to me so despite our divorce I still spend time with his parents and his brothers, especially his brother Ryan because Ryan is married to my sister. My ex's new girlfriend doesn't like that I am so close to his family and thinks I'm trying to get my ex back. I'm the one who left the marriage after my ex had a one night stand with another woman. I'm in love with someone else, in fact my SO recently moved into my house. I have no desire to get back together with my ex and if I did I could have him back in a heart beat. My problem is when my ex shows up at a place where I am, like his parents house or one of his brothers and he has her with him he's a total asshole to me. He'll refuse to talk to me except to be rude and make comments about me hanging out with HIS family. He is nice only when his g/f is not there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you have kids with him? If not, why even bother? Who cares if he's an ass around her? Let him look like an ass. Just be happy YOU'RE happy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Yes we have two kids, both girls, they're 5 and 4. He isn't an ass in front of the kids because he knows his parents and his brothers would kick his ass if he ever said a mean word to me in front of them. I usually just ignore him, it's more irritating than anything because when I see him and she isn't with him he acts like my best friend. I think its sort of ballsy of his girlfriend to think she can push me out of a family I grew up with, a family that would get rid of my ex before they got rid of me. My ex has always been a bit of an asshole and one of these days I'm going to end up punching him because he knows how much he irritates me and how so much of the time I'd love to strangle his g/f for the dirty looks and snide comments she makes around me. He thinks it's funny because he can always tell when I'm close to that edge of telling the little bitch off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Well maybe you shouldnt bother talking to him so much, since it seems like he rather keep his gf happy than you. i mean i know yall have kids, but just talk to his family and even ignore him when she isnt around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 30, 2010

• He's trying to prove to her that he's not into you anymore. That's bc he doesn't have balls to stand up to her. Just laugh at him and her insecurities.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 AM on May. 30, 2010

• be grateful for how he is to you in front of your kids. he doesnt owe you anythiing more than that and trying to get him to side against his current girlfriend is wrong.If you are around his family in a genuine way fine, but if you hang around them out of some weird sense of power over ex, one day your kids are gonna see right thru it. unfortunantly one of the costs of divorce is you dont get to "keep" the ex's family.just because you have known them 'forever" and sis is married to his brother...thats HER family now-its no longer yours. move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on May. 30, 2010