Who else like me has only had c-sections and no natural births?

Were you satisfied with it or did you feel like you were missing out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i only have one child but i had a c-section. i dont feel like i missed out. i still have my son, i was still pregnant, i still gave birth to him. i dont like the scar, but im actually kind of happy about it because i was afraid my vagina would get loose anyway if i had it the other way. but sometimes i do wish i didnt have this big scar, but it was ment to be this way and thats fine with me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:03 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My sister had 3 sections. She is NOW a labor & delivery nurse & I had asked her if she felt like she missed out bc she was able to witness so many other woman experience it. She said YELL no! That after seeing the many hours of labor- the pain- the yelling- ect. She was happy to go in be drugged. Be handed a baby- and continued to be drug! :)

I had my son vaginally- 4 days later she had her daughter via csection. I was in pain longer than she was!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I have had one C Section and the reasons for it make me an undesirable candidate for a VBAC so I will most likely have another one when we get pregnant again, but yes, I do feel like I missed out. I am SO THANKFUL for modern medicine though and always remember that my son and I would have likely died without the procedure. At the same time, I never felt a contraction, never got to reach down and feel his head and never had the satisfaction that I pushed out my child with my own strength and held him immediately. We are still SO bonded so it has nothing to do with that, more just proving to myself that I could do it. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:17 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Me. Do I wish I could've had a vaginal birth and not dealt with surgery? Yes, of course. Less recovery time, lower health risks..

It is crazy, though. I know of several women who have tried natural (no pain meds/vaginal) who said they would rather have themselves cut open than go through it again.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:22 AM on May. 30, 2010

• i had 2 c sections.No i dont feel like im missing out at all.I honestly never wanted to give birth So i wasn't going to have children.but I became pregnant and just told my Dr i wanted a C section.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:22 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I have had two C-sections after one natural birth. If you have to, I guess they are okay, but there is no comparing the two.

A natural birth is empowering. If you end up with a beautiful baby, that's all that really matters. But you should only have the C-section if it is truly needed, definitely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My son is alive and healthy and thriving. People who get all worked up about how the kid comes out are missing the big picture because they're too busy obsessing over the little details of the fantasy they think is perfection.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I loved my c-section so much! Recovery for me was less than 2 weeks, but that is not the usual. I also had a vaginal delivery and it took more than 7 months until I was back to myself because my tailbone broke during the birth and it re-broke twice. If I could go back, I would have had them both be c-sections. The months of pain after my vaginal delivery were anything but empowering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I have 4 children and they were all born via C-section (in 1986, 1988, 1990 and 1991). My 1st was born via an emergency C-section and the other 3 had to be born via C-Section because of how my incision from the 1st was done. There were no choices for me. If I wanted more children then C-sections were the only way it was going to happen. I never felt like I missed out on anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My first was an emergancy c-section. And since my kids are only 19 months apart my doctor (had the sameone for both) was worried about doing a natural birth that soon after a c-section so we did a planned c-section. I don't feel like I missed out on anything! If we have another I'd like to try for a natural birth, but my doctor told me its highly unlikely. For some reason my body wont do things right. With my first I was in labor 12 hours before they did the c-section (baby was in destress) and during that time I didn't even go up 1cm even after "medicine aide". But we will see if we have another one, always worth the try.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 5:05 AM on May. 30, 2010