im due anyday now and i just cannot sleep at night now. i usually dont fall asleep until like 3 or 4 am in the morning now. i know i should be getting my rest and trust me i try but i just cannot fall asleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Alot of it is because you are due any day now and its kind of a nervous thing. I always got real nervous in my last trimester because every pregnancy is different ( which it was worse with my first) and you are excited to see what the baby looks like yet you are nervous about whats going to happen in the delivery room and God knows how long labor will be ( you may not be thinking these things when you are laying there but your subconscience could be). My doc told me I could take benadryl to help me sleep and it helped ( my doctor was one of those docs who did not like to give meds at all but he was sensitive to my needs to). Good luck hon!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I couldn't either. I used to stare at the ceiling. Count sheep?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 30, 2010

• i had the same issue... have your SO rub you until you sleep
    actually
    i watched one movie over and over and finally everytime i watched it i fell asleep midway
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:41 AM on May. 30, 2010

• That's normal. I remember saying I would get better rest once the baby was born than I was at the end of my pregnancy, and I was right. I'm sorry you're going through it now, but it will get better eventually.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:42 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I had to same problem... with both my kids!!! I would have to sleep on the couch almost sitting up with pillows under my knees to keep them bent. I'd put the TV timer on and just lay there... at least when I was up feeding the kids I knew what was going to be on TV!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:42 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Its just preparing you for when the baby comes and you will never sleep! lol I say that joking but it is so true.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 1:14 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I used to have the same problem but then I'd fall asleep and wake up an hour later. My doctor gave me ambien & it still didn't help. The most it did was make me hallucinate.
    Try taking a warm shower or bath before bed & the movie thing above is a good idea. That is how I ended up falling asleep.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:03 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Same thing happened to me, sorry :( It just isnt fair LoL!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:56 PM on May. 30, 2010