we just bought...

a house
4br 3ba
huge kitchen..
pretty nice and room for our family to grow into

should we throw a house warming party?
it would be after all work and adjustments are done, but i also dont want to feel like im "showing off"...

but im stokedthat me and my DH im 21, he's 25 bought this house all on our own, no help from anyone but the bank
what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I say show off and throw a party. Anybody who cares about you will be proud!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Im 22 & my hubby is 25 so I know what it is to feel accomplished also!
    I would definately have a party!

:) Be happy! You know @ 21 you have more than some people will EVER have in a lifetime!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:40 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It's up to you. I never had one when we moved last year and I have the same as you plus a big yard. Congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 30, 2010

• lol @ anon pp
    who said she doesnt have a big yard?

yes you should
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 30, 2010

• oh shutup! anon 43. troublemaker!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• OP

problem is that i dont exactly know what to do for a hose warming party...lol
    i know to make food, have drinks available, thats it

oh and the yard is descent lol if this was the topic of discussion
    i know were not staying here more than two years, we're redoing everything and selling it later so we can move into a bigger house...but i just feel like this is the first big step in a while
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Just send out invites and have a party, have lots of food and visit, some people like to have games or activities just in case nobody talks.
    I didn't think you sounded like a show off until you started talking about how old you are, how you don't have any help lalalala. Be humble.. I would never brag about what I have ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 30, 2010

• OP

see..thats what im saying
    ppl know how old we are
    i got called stuck up by dhs cousin because i opened a business and didnt announce it
    when we got married i had only my closest friends and fam there, nothing extravagant
    when i found out i was preg i didnt tell anyone until my second trimester because my ma had so many miscarriages i thought itd b the same for me

now we have a house, ppl know weve achieved a lot with no help, while many of my friends struggle even with help, ya know?
    but as we all know
    afterall a house warming party is to show off your new house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 30, 2010

• well u seem like your not trying to rub it in that you have great things
    like u have a lot and ppl around may not have much and they, from what you say, are down on you when you do share, etc...

so you dont want to feel like the person who has so much and then ur friends start to get annoyed or yur SO's cousin

just throw the part, give ppl some goals to try and achieve, a good romedel you are
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on May. 30, 2010

• yes a house warming party is to show off your house, so show it off if ppl are getting upset because you have nice things you can give some insight in how much hard work it took to get to where you are, and how much hard work itll be to move to higher levels of success. have fun, BBQ since its the summer, serve drinks, play nice :P
    i
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:07 AM on May. 30, 2010