1 year old gets irritated Bellybutton

Why does that happen? The first time it was 2 weeks ago, She had a red belly button with a yellowish dry crust in it. I put some hydrogen peroxide and the color went back to normal within a day. yesterday it started again, it looks very red and there is a yellowish dry crust in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i would say ask dr if your really concerned or if it persists but i use tea tree oil in my belly button as well as DH and kids when they need it. you could see if this helps (it cant hurt) they should have it at any walmart. it is a natural antibacterial (sometimes yeast is the problem in belly buttons and this gets rid of it (i just dry after showering and apply a drop or two and that's it-even for prevention)-also works wonders on cuts, scrapes, and athletes foot (i will not be caught without it in my house! GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:55 AM on May. 30, 2010