What to do with...

great northern beans. I got a couple bags of beans from a food bank. I know how to soften them, but I don't have any idea what to do with them after that. What do I put in with them, to make them taste good? Thanks for any ideas you have....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• All beans are pretty interchangeable. I have a ton of recipes that use beans, that I would be happy to share with you; feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on May. 30, 2010

• You could make White Chili. It's made with those beans and chicken. Google the recipe. Or you can get a ham hock and just cook it with salt & pepper and the beans after they soaked over night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• boil them. Separately fry an onion (chopped), fry a few sausages, cut sausages in slices, throw everything together.
    Make sure to have a salad of greens on the side to neutralize the cancer causing agents found in the sausage.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I make a white bean soup. Diced tomatos, onion, garlic, barley, italian seasioning, veggie broth. I put all this in the crockpot and cook all day on low.
    Bethesmith

Answer by Bethesmith at 4:17 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Bean soup, baked beans, mash & add to tuna with Thousand Island dressing & use as a sandwich spread, cook & add to mixed vegetables & top with Italian dressing for a main dish salad.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:58 AM on May. 30, 2010