Hermit crabs debate

We now have 4 hermit crabs-- long story involving annoying people who don't consult parents before buying children living things-- anyway anywho we are having a debate over what to put in the cage. I say sand and other people have told us rock is fine. What do you use?

bandrplus2

Asked by bandrplus2 at 1:07 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Pets

• call the place where they came from or a pet store and aks them!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 30, 2010

• All I can say is that you should use whatever they currently have. Changing substrate is deadly. We went from sand to a different material and they died over night. The next crab we had lived on sand quite well.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:13 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I say sand is what they should have based on my research and the fact that I wouldn't want one of those rocks jammed in my shell! lol It was switched...not my doing....and they are doing fine but I just dont like the idea of the rock for some reason. I also don't think they can burrow as well in it.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 1:27 AM on May. 30, 2010

• THEY LIKE SAND BETTER I USED TO HAVE ONE !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 30, 2010