How can I help my son sleep better?

My son is 3, and I share custody with his father 50/50! I hate it, but anyway it is hard to get my son on a set sleeping schedual. I will have him all ready for bed, and he will be fine. Then he will go to his father's and when I get my son back, I have to start ALL lover again...

Anyone got any suggestions?

SoccerMom665

Asked by SoccerMom665 at 1:19 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well I think the biggest thing here is that you share custody right in half, so you guys need to have a schedule that works with each other so that your son isnt confused about what time to go to bed at night. He probably has different times with the two of you. The two of you need to talk about what time your going to lay him down each night. I truly believe a child at this age needs to have a schedule set for them, so they can start to recognize when it is bed time, time to get up, etc. My children have always had schedules, if they didnt it would have been a zoo growing up here. So talk to the dad. Its confusing for him, put yourself in his shoes. Good luck. But stick to something what ever it may be.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:01 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Talk to the father if you can and try to work on it. When he starts school it will be mega important so good thing your getting it done now!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 8:07 AM on May. 30, 2010

• That is my problem, I have tried communicating with his father, he has his own set of ideas for a schedual...so???
    SoccerMom665

Answer by SoccerMom665 at 10:44 AM on May. 30, 2010