is it illegal

is it illegal to not have a first aid kit at work? Espic. In a restaurant. We don't even have a freaking bandaid anywhere. It just seems like that is against some kind of code or something...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not illegal but against health codes. pretty good fine if the inspector notices
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:29 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Yes it is illegal. they should have someone come in every month to re.stock the first aid kit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Call or contact OSHA... they can help you with this question

http://www.osha.gov/html/Feed_Back.html

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:31 AM on May. 30, 2010

• just came back to say, yeah it's against osha regs too...looks like pp beat me to it :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:33 AM on May. 30, 2010

• LOL rhianna1708... yeah I've had to contact them on more then one occasion... it definitely gets things fixed!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:52 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I have no idea, but that's gross to think that if someone cut themselves and were bleeding, how would they hide the blood? I'm not talking deep cuts requiring a trip to the ER, I'm talking about something on the finger, for example. A server can't go around with blood on their finger as they serve their customers, for crying out loud...lol. I would think that the manager would take it upon themselves to make sure their employees were well taken care of. If I had no choice but to work in that job, then I would carry my own little pocket-sized kit.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:18 AM on May. 30, 2010