Moms w/ Multiple kids ...did your hubby stay with you at the Hospital ?

I'm due on Halloween.(Yay!)
My daughter is 4 yrs old, and we are making plans to keep her home with our best friend, who also lives with us.. and my hubby wants to stay with me at the hospital the whole time (2-3 days)...did your husband stay with you? or did he go home to check on the kids, and to sleep at home w/them?

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 1:32 AM on May. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Our older children stayed with a friend and a family member during the time I was in the hospital in labor and giving birth. Once my husband made sure our new baby and I were fine he picked them up and brought them home and took care of them himself. He would then bring them to the hospital the next day (or the same day) to see their mommy and to visit their new sister. They would stay for perhaps an hour or two and then leave. He usually involved them in decorating the front door to welcome their new baby sister home, picking out a gift for mommy, and picking out a gift for the baby. He always spent special time with them doing something just for them (Chuck E. Cheese or something) so they knew that he loved them just as much as the new baby.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Mine stayed with me. If you know and trust someone with your older, it's nice having someone there, especially your husband.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:34 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My dh stayed with me the night during labor and the one night i had to stay after delivering. He had to leave to work during the day but came back to stay the night. His mother watched our dd
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:36 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Congrats ont the new baby by the way!!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:38 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My husband stayed with me during the labor and 7 more hours after the birth at which point we all came home and picked up our first child from the neighbor.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:52 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My husband stayed with me while my mom stayed with my older daughter at home. He went home once to shower and check his email, but other than that he stayed the whole time with me and the baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I had my 2nd baby when my oldest was 4...My husband was a weekend warrior..well ok in the national gaurd and had to go do his 2 weeks training the day I went into labor. he was given 24 hours hold and had to report after that. A friend of mine stayed with my oldest until I got out.
    Anonymous

• my in-laws took our oldest and DH stayed with me the first night after the youngest was born.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:33 AM on May. 30, 2010

• He stayed with me the whole time, total of 5 days. I had a few complications. And our DS stayed with my parents while we where in the hospital, and a few days after we came home to get the baby settled into his new home!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:50 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My husband and older son (he was 2 and 1/2 when the baby was born) came to visit me in the hospital during the day and went home at night. Worked for us.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:28 AM on May. 30, 2010